(BPT) - While you may not be able to travel to your favorite beach destination this spring, you can experience Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, through virtual experiences that bring the area's popular beaches, attractions, activities and more to you. And those same features can help you plan for (and dream about) a Myrtle Beach vacation in the future.
This favorite spring destination is known for its 60 miles of sandy beaches, gorgeous resorts, exciting attractions and delicious seafood restaurants. But that’s not all it has to offer, and this season families are invited to virtually experience the wide variety of attractions within the charming Atlantic seaboard town through specially created online opportunities.
“While a lot of us may be at home, that doesn't mean we can't still see the world,” advises Emily Weaver on Popsugar.com. “Thanks to the internet, we're now able to virtually tour museums, landmarks, cities and more — no passport or packing required. Bon voyage!”
With the help of a little technology, your imagination can take you straight to South Carolina's top destination for fun, sun and surf. Thanks to the efforts of caring, creative people throughout the city, you can now virtually:
1. Imagine yourself taking a relaxing, balmy walk down a sugar-sand beach through the Ocean Drive live beach camera.
2. Immerse yourself in the sights (and often sounds) of 10 Myrtle Beach resorts through live webcams that show off some of their most appealing features and scenery.
3. Take a fascinating backstage tour of the Alabama Theatre, which regularly hosts live professional entertainers from across the nation. Then watch specially created video footage showcasing the cast of the critically acclaimed Carolina Opry Theater, now in its 35th season after successfully staging more than 9,000 performances.
4. Laugh at the antics of a group of African penguins through the live penguin cam at Ripley’s Aquarium, and check out its other live footage starring aquatic animals such as sharks, stingrays, hermit crabs and jellies.
5. Enjoy Facebook Live-sponsored entertainment from popular area restaurant the Dead Dog Saloon (and even tip your favorite acts, if you choose).
6. Engage yourself in completing a Myrtle Beach crossword puzzle, coloring pages and specially designed virtual jigsaw puzzles.
7. Add fun and excitement to your home schooling through educational opportunities offered by a number of fascinating local attractions. For example, the Myrtle Beach Art Museum posts compelling (and free) art classes and tutorials for kids as young as age 2. Myrtle Beach State Park and Huntington Beach State Park are hosting Facebook Live events to share wildlife and nature information.
Ready to get started with your virtual trip to Myrtle Beach, one of the nation’s most popular vacation destinations? Find a complete list of virtual experiences at VisitMyrtleBeach.com/blog and get an overview of the entire area at VisitMyrtleBeach.com.
Need to get away?
Start exploring magnificent places with our weekly travel newsletter.