Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
'Virtually an execution': Stevensville man charged in double homicide
editor's pick topical alert

'Virtually an execution': Stevensville man charged in double homicide

Stevensville man charged in double homicide

Logan Dallas Christopher, 25, of Stevensville pleaded not guilty in Ravalli County District Court to charges he shot and killed his mother and the mother of his two young children. This file photograph was taken shortly after he was arrested in March.

Ravalli County Attorney Bill Fulbright called the killing of two Stevensville women Tuesday “virtually an execution” when he asked for $1 million bond during Logan Dallas Christopher's initial appearance Thursday.

Justice of the Peace Jennifer Ray doubled that amount, telling Christopher she had not read anything as “horrendous” as the case filed against the 25-year-old self-employed handyman charged with killing his mother and the mother of his children. Christopher is charged with two counts of deliberate homicide, attempted deliberate homicide, and five counts of criminal endangerment.

While at times appearing to fight back tears as Ray read the charges against him, Christopher remained mostly stoic through the short hearing Thursday afternoon.

Christopher is charged with shooting to death 25-year-old Marisa Wahl and his 47-year-old mother, Tiffanie Greenslade. He also shot his 57-year-old father, Noe Christopher, in the arm.

According to charging documents, Christopher and Wahl lived in a fifth-wheel trailer about 150 feet from the rental where his parents lived northeast of Stevensville. The documents laid out the following scenario:

On the morning of Tuesday, March 10, Christopher’s parents had a discussion with their son about his apparent use of illegal drugs. Nothing appears to have come from that talk and Christopher left for work.

When Noe Christopher came home from work at about 7 p.m., his wife received a call from Wahl, who was in the trailer. Greenslade told her husband something was wrong at the fifth-wheel and said Wahl had asked them to come immediately.

But Noe Christopher, who was changing his clothes, was delayed. By the time he got to the fifth wheel, the affidavit said Greenslade was standing in the entry room into the trailer. She warned him that their son had a gun.

Noe Christopher could hear his wife telling him to put the gun down.

Noe Christopher grabbed his 3-year-old granddaughter from the entry room and took the child back to stay with his 14-year-old daughter, who was at the main house. He called 911 for help.

That call was made at 6:57 p.m.

When Noe Christopher returned to the fifth wheel, he found his wife lying in the entry room. She had been shot. He said he started to move into the entry room to check on her when he was met by his son, who was holding a handgun by his side.

The affidavit said Christopher accused his father of “manipulating” and making him “look bad.” When Noe Christopher said he needed to help Greenslade, his son responded: “I’ll kill you, too.” He raised the handgun and shot Noe Christopher through the left forearm from about 5 feet away.

Noe Christopher said he could hear his son shooting at him as he fled through nearby horse corrals. He told authorities he believes the firing only stopped because his son ran out of bullets.

The Christophers' 14-year-old daughter said she looked out the window after hearing the noise and saw Christopher firing multiple shots at her father while he was running.

Once back inside his home, Noe Christopher armed himself with a shotgun.

His son arrived at the main house in his car, had a verbal exchange with his father and then drove away from the property alone in his 2017 Chevrolet Camero.

The first deputy to arrive on the scene was met by Noe Christopher, whose arm wound was obvious.

The deputy then entered the fifth-wheel residence and found Greenslade’s body in the entryway. After entering the main part of the trailer, the deputy found Wahl’s body near the back of the trailer. Christopher and Wahl’s 11-month-old son, covered in blood but otherwise unharmed, was crawling near his mother’s body.

Wahl had been shot in the back of the head, so close that the handgun was touching her head when it was fired, according to the affidavit.

Greenslade was shot multiple times, with the shots fired downward through her head into the floor, and was also shot in the arm, according to the affidavit.

Deputies found 18 shell casings just outside of the trailer where Christopher allegedly shot at his fleeing father.

Minutes after Christopher drove away from the residence, a motorist called 911 to report a vehicle speeding northbound on the Eastside Highway.

Christopher’s vehicle was spotted on the north side of Lolo on U.S. Highway 93. Ravalli and Missoula county deputies were joined by Montana Highway Patrol troopers in a chase toward Missoula that reached speeds of 130 mph.

Missoula County police deployed stop sticks at the Bunkhouse Bridge, where the highway crossed the Bitterroot River, but the driver swerved into oncoming traffic between patrol vehicles. He then sped onto Brooks where he crossed the Reserve Street intersection traveling in excess of 85 mph.

Christopher began to lose pursuing officers as he neared Dore Lane near Southgate Mall. Another officer spotted him on Eaton Street as the car sped across South Avenue. The car continued on Eaton Street for another block where the driver lost control, crashed through a fence and stopped in a yard of an occupied residence.

The affidavit said Christopher got out of his vehicle holding a handgun. Upon seeing multiple law enforcement officers, he threw the handgun back into his car and surrendered without resistance.

A search of the vehicle found a 9mm Berretta semi-automatic handgun and two open boxes of 9mm ammunition. About $4,000 in cash was also found in the car.

A safe was found in the room where Wahl’s body was discovered. There was about $3,000 in loose cash both inside and strewn around the opening of the safe. Officers also found a “significant quantity” of a white powdery substance, along with scales and packaging materials.

The substance is being tested and an investigation into the distribution of illegal drugs will continue, the affidavit said.

Preliminary test samples of Christopher’s urine found the presence of cocaine and THC (the active ingredient in marijuana).

Christopher refused to participate in an interview with detectives.


Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.


News Alerts

Breaking News