Reece Rollins

Reece Rollins of Oregon was one of four hunters who have been missing since a May 21 crash in the Selway River. Rollins' body was discovered by a hiker Tuesday night 43 miles downstream from the accident. The body of a second missing man — Koby J. Clark, of Bozeman and Kuna, Idaho — was found Thursday.

The body of a second of four hunters missing since a vehicle crash into the Selway River was discovered Thursday.

The body of Koby J. Clark — of Bozeman and Kuna, Idaho — was found six miles east of Lowell, Idaho. On Tuesday, the body of Reece Rollins, 22, of Terrebone, Oregon, was located 43 miles downstream in the Selway River, also east of Lowell.

The four hunters went missing on May 21 when the Suburban in which they were riding flipped upside-down in the fast-moving river in an early-morning crash near Paradise Camp on the Idaho and Montana border.

The two men who remain missing are brothers Jesse Ferrieri, 21, and Raymond Ferrieri, 25, from Mahopac Falls, New York.

A hiker spotted Clark's body near Cupboard Creek above Selway Falls on Tuesday. The hiker contacted a nearby U.S. Forest Service trail crew. 

Two Bear Air of Kalispell was asked to retrieve the body, which was partially submerged and wedged between a boulder and a log.

The body was transported by sheriff’s office personnel to a funeral home in Kooskia and from there to Boise for an autopsy. Tattoos and dental records were used to identify the victim.

The men were on a bear hunting trip in a remote section of the Bitterroot National Forest near the border of Montana and Idaho. They left camp on the last day of their trip in the middle of the night after hearing wolves howling.

Their Suburban rolled into the river and landed upside-down. Two men from Georgia were able to swim to opposite shores. The man who landed on the road side of the river walked back to camp without shoes to get help. The other ended up swimming across the river when people from the camp arrived.

Reece Rollins’ father, Albert Rollins, told the Idaho Statesmen in an email Wednesday: “While we are grateful that we get to bring Reece home, our hearts are broken, both for the loss of Reece and for the families that are still waiting to find their loved ones. If closure ever comes, it won’t be until all of the young men are able to be returned home with the families as well. Our desire from the beginning was to find all four young men and that remains our plan.”

Reece Rollins' stepsister, Taylie Hammack, said on Facebook that once her family takes time to process the news and bring him home, they plan to return to help with the search of the other men still missing.

In his email to the Statesman, Albert Rollins said he will remember his son for many things, including his “big smile.”

“There’s so much to say about Reece,” Rollins wrote. “…He wasn’t afraid to go after what he wanted. He was living his dream. He was the best son a father could ask for. He loved God, life, the outdoors, his family and his many friends. Everything he did he did so well and I am so very proud to be his father.”