judge on book

A Hamilton man faces up to 100 years in prison after pleading guilty last Thursday to sexually assaulting two girls over a five-year period.

Sentencing for Dennis Borkholder, 57, is set for Jan. 9. He remains free on a $250,000 bail.

According to an investigator, Borkholder told one mother he attempted to castrate himself to "fix his problem." He accepted a plea agreement that would require him to remain in prison for 10 years before seeking parole. He will also be required to complete two phases of the state’s sex offender treatment program.

The case against Borkholder began after one of his victims left a letter making the initial disclosure about the sexual assault at her home and then ran away. She was 15 at the time.

According a charging affidavit, the girl told her mother later that Borkholder had used her as “his toy” and molested her for seven years. She said she was 7 the first time he molested her and the abuse continued until she was 14.

In a forensic interview at Emma’s House child advocacy center in Hamilton, the girl said Borkholder told her that if she told anyone, he would hurt her.

A second girl told investigators Borkholder had sexually abused her when she was 13 years old.

The affidavit said that when one of the mothers confronted Borkholder with the allegations, he told her that he had a “problem with sex for a long time, ever since (he) was young.”

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

When Borkholder heard the girl had participated in a forensic interview, he allegedly attempted to castrate himself. The mother of the girl told an investigator that she received a voicemail from Borkholder who said he had used a calf bander to castrate himself “to fix his problem.”

The woman had sent her son to check on Borkholder. Her son sent her a text that said Borkholder had indeed attempted to castrate himself.

When a sheriff’s detective contacted Borkholder the next day, the man said he was on his way to the emergency room and would come to the sheriff’s office after receiving treatment. The affidavit said Borkholder never showed up.

Borkholder owns Hamilton’s D&N Siding and Windows.