Photo Credit: acritely_photo / Alamy Stock Photo
- Total time (working + commuting): 46.3 hours per week
- Working time: 42.9 hours per week
- Commuting time: 3.4 hours per week
- Percentage of population leaving for work before 7AM: 29.7%
- Median household income: $58,919
Originally an oil town, Odessa has seen diversification efforts from energy to logistics in recent years, capitalizing on the city’s connection to the road and rail links in West Texas. This has led to Odessa becoming the home to distribution centers for Family Dollar and Coca-Cola, as well as new energy facilities, such as a coal pollution migration plant, a wind farm, and a new nuclear plant. With average weekly work hours in excess of 40 hours per week, and with more than a quarter of Odessa’s workers starting work before 7 AM, Odessa conveys the feeling of a hard-driving oil town.