Photo Credit: Alamy Stock Photo
- Median earnings for full-time workers under 25 (adjusted): $29,933
- Median earnings for full-time workers under 25 (unadjusted): $27,000
- Median earnings for all full-time workers (unadjusted): $48,000
- Proportion of population under 25: 31.2%
- Cost of living: 10% below average
Young people living in the Cleveland metro area have ample job opportunities in the healthcare and biotech sectors. Most notably, Cleveland is home to the Cleveland Clinic, one of the country’s best hospitals and the largest private employer in the city. A number of biotech start-ups also call Cleveland home, and the city’s “tech czar” has been busy recruiting tech companies to downtown Cleveland.
Young professionals will also find it easier to pay off college debt here, since Cleveland’s cost of living is 10 percent below the national average. Outside of the office, Cleveland residents can enjoy activities like visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, attending sporting events, and hiking through the Cleveland Metroparks.